As an approved Tennessee Licensed Child-Placing Agency, Mercy Multiplied can conduct adoptions for expectant mothers who are Mercy residents and have chosen to place their child for adoption.
Facts About the Adoption Agency
- Over the past 30 years, Mercy Multiplied has participated in more than 150 adoptions
- An approved Tennessee Licensed Child-Placing Agency
- Provides adoption services to birth mothers who are current residents in Mercy’s voluntary residential program
- Only conducts Domestic Infant Placements
- An active member of the Middle Tennessee Inter-Agency Adoption Coalition
- Continually accepting applications from prospective adoptive families
Our Adoption staff are experienced and knowledgeable in domestic infant placements, providing services that are specific to each family’s circumstances. Staff are committed to providing continual support to an adoptive family throughout the entire adoption process and post-placement.
Director of Adoptions
Chelsea Rahbar, LCSW, is the Director of Adoptions at Mercy Multiplied. Chelsea joined the Mercy Multiplied team in 2012. She received her MSSW from the University of Tennessee College of Social Work and has since obtained her LCSW. Chelsea has worked in many different capacities at Mercy and demonstrates her knowledge of the organization in her work and communication with clients. She has a passion for serving Birth Mothers and Adoptive Families.
Becoming a Mercy Multiplied Adoptive Family
Review Adoptive Family Qualifications
Review Adoption Services
Review Fee Agreement
Complete Adoption Application
Adoptive Family Qualifications
- Married for 1+ year
- Involved in a church and able to provide a pastoral reference
- Have no medical or psychological diagnosis, unless closely monitored by a physician and will not affect ability to parent
- Have the financial means to support an additional person in your family
- No age limit
- Accepts families without fertility issues
- Complete the adoption application and receive approval
If you have further questions about the adoptive family qualifications, contact our office at (615) 831-6987 to speak with Adoption Staff.
For Adoptive Families
- Provide support to a prospective adoptive family throughout the application process
- Offer professional assistance in facilitating relationship building between birth parent(s) and prospective adoptive family
- Provide hospital support to the birth parent(s) and prospective adoptive family
- Facilitate the placement of an infant into their forever home and provide ongoing support through finalization
- Partner with the prospective adoptive family’s home study worker and adoption attorney pre- and post-placement
- Assist the birth parent(s) and prospective adoptive family in creating an openness agreement
Read some frequently asked questions about adoption.
Review the Adoption Process Document for additional information.
For Birth Mothers
- A safe and supportive residential home
- Accessibility to ongoing support from staff & counselors
- Weekly individual and group counseling
- Transportation to prenatal care visits
- Childbirth classes
- Adoption Counseling
- Adoption Planning & Legal Services
- Choose & Meet an Adoptive Family
- Hospital Planning
- Post-Placement Counseling
Review the Fee Agreement
Prior to downloading the $25 non-refundable Adoption Application, please review our Fee Agreement.
Complete the Adoption Application
Once you have finished the first three steps, you can access and complete the Adoption Application.