It’s so easy for me to proclaim the goodness of God and shout praises of thankfulness when my life is going smoothly, and my plans seem to be falling into place. It’s a bit of a different story when my plans don’t play out and everything seems to crumble around me.
Too often than I would like to admit, I look to God like He is some “genie in a bottle” where if I pray daily and be a “good” daughter, life will be easy, and things will just work out. However, that’s not how God works. God is so good that sometimes He won’t let our plans work out because He has something better in store for us. It might be hard to see now, but He will always provide, and His way is always better than ours.
Isaiah 55: 8-9 says, “’For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways,’ declares the Lord. ‘As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.'”
Sometimes it takes weeks, months, or even years to understand what God is doing, and sometimes we might never fully know until we reach eternity with Him. What remains constant through the trials and uncertainty is that God is good no matter the storm circling around you.
The Truth About God
The Lord is our protector and has our best interest in mind throughout everything He does. He is always working on our behalf through the good and the bad that life throws our way.
As children of God, we can stand confidently on the truths that:
- God will always provide.
- God works in His timing.
- God is faithful to His promises.
- God’s way is better than our ways.
- God is always good.
Sometimes life happens, and we have curve balls thrown our way. Sometimes life happens, and we see miracles and doors swing wide open. No matter what is coming your way, one truth remains the same: God is good!!
Encouragement From Scripture
Whether you are in a difficult or joyful season, it is essential to proclaim praises unto God. His goodness will never fail, and God is walking beside you through every moment of life.
Verses about the Goodness of God:
- Romans 8:28 – “And we know that for those who love God, all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose.”
- 1 Chronicles 16:24 – “Oh, give thanks to the Lord, for He is good! For His mercy endures forever.”
- Psalm 27:13 – “I would have lost heart unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.”
- Psalm 34:8 –“Taste and see that the Lord is good; blessed is the man who trusts in Him!”
- Nahum 1:7 – “The Lord is good, a stronghold in the day of trouble; and He knows those who trust in Him.”
Mercy Multiplied exists to provide opportunities for all to experience God’s unconditional love, forgiveness, and life-transforming power. We offer multiple programs and resources online and onsite designed to equip people to live free and stay free in Christ. For more information about the services we offer, click here.
Want more resources? Check out our MercyTalk podcast episode, “’God is Good and Does Good’ with Founder & President Nancy Alcorn”. For daily inspiration, follow us @MercyMultiplied on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter!